Fourth arrest in connection with large-scale disorder
- Credit: Archant
A fourth person has been arrested by officers investigating a large-scale disorder in Wisbech.
A 30-year-old man was arrested in Wisbech this afternoon (Thursday September 24) in connection with disorder in the town last Wednesday night (September 16).
He is currently in custody at the Police Investigation Centre (PIC) in King’s Lynn.
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) were on patrol in the area of Norfolk Street at about 7.30pm on Wednesday when disorder involving at least 30 people broke out.
A man in his 50s was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries and three other men suffered minor injuries which did not require hospital treatment.
You may also want to watch:
Two 16-year-old boys were arrested in Wisbech on 18 September, and a 49-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday (September 22) on suspicion of violent disorder, all three have been bailed to return to the Police Investigation Centre (PIC) in Kings Lynn on October 12.
- 1 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 4 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 5 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 6 Council tax frozen after eventful but non event year
- 7 Town council says market is operating safely and within Covid-19 guidelines
- 8 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19