Winless run goes on for Leverington Ladies in Cambs League
- Credit: Archant
Leverington Ladies’ winless run in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division was extended to three games after losing a five-goal thriller on Sunday.
The local side fell to a 3-2 home defeat to Cambridge University Women, despite producing perhaps their best performance of the season so far against undefeated opponents.
Cambridge took the lead when a long-range free-kick found its way home, and limited their hosts to few chances.
Savanna Plavecz drew Leverington level with a header during a 15-minute cameo appearance due to illness, before goalkeeper Kyra Portugal denied the visitors from the penalty spot.
Cambridge were not to be denied after a clipped effort over Portugal earned a second, but a flurry of corners for Euan Simpson’s team led to a powerful header from Kaylie Swinden for 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
But a scramble inside the penalty box went in Cambridge’s favour who prodded agonisingly over the line. Leverington are at Cambridge City Ladies 3rds on Sunday, October 25, 2pm.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 7 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 8 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 9 Fifty jobs up for grabs as Deliveroo announces early move into Wisbech
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'