Winless run goes on for Leverington Ladies in Cambs League
- Credit: Archant
Leverington Ladies’ winless run in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division was extended to three games after losing a five-goal thriller on Sunday.
The local side fell to a 3-2 home defeat to Cambridge University Women, despite producing perhaps their best performance of the season so far against undefeated opponents.
Cambridge took the lead when a long-range free-kick found its way home, and limited their hosts to few chances.
Savanna Plavecz drew Leverington level with a header during a 15-minute cameo appearance due to illness, before goalkeeper Kyra Portugal denied the visitors from the penalty spot.
Cambridge were not to be denied after a clipped effort over Portugal earned a second, but a flurry of corners for Euan Simpson’s team led to a powerful header from Kaylie Swinden for 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
But a scramble inside the penalty box went in Cambridge’s favour who prodded agonisingly over the line. Leverington are at Cambridge City Ladies 3rds on Sunday, October 25, 2pm.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 10 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service