Winless run goes on for Leverington Ladies in Cambs League
- Credit: Archant
Leverington Ladies’ winless run in the Cambridgeshire Women’s County League Premier Division was extended to three games after losing a five-goal thriller on Sunday.
The local side fell to a 3-2 home defeat to Cambridge University Women, despite producing perhaps their best performance of the season so far against undefeated opponents.
Cambridge took the lead when a long-range free-kick found its way home, and limited their hosts to few chances.
Savanna Plavecz drew Leverington level with a header during a 15-minute cameo appearance due to illness, before goalkeeper Kyra Portugal denied the visitors from the penalty spot.
Cambridge were not to be denied after a clipped effort over Portugal earned a second, but a flurry of corners for Euan Simpson’s team led to a powerful header from Kaylie Swinden for 2-2.
You may also want to watch:
But a scramble inside the penalty box went in Cambridge’s favour who prodded agonisingly over the line. Leverington are at Cambridge City Ladies 3rds on Sunday, October 25, 2pm.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’