Fenmen boss remains patient despite losing key defender in lockdown
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a mixture of emotions for Wisbech Town FC in recent days.
On Friday, November 20, the club announced that defender Dean Grogan has left the club to return to step six side Lakenheath due to what manager Brett Whaley described as “a change in circumstances”.
Grogan was due to serve a three-match ban following a red card in the Northern Premier League South East Division defeat at Loughborough Dynamo before lockdown.
However, Wisbech’s defence will be buoyed by the return of Jack Keeble and signing Kyle Davison-Gordon, with striker Avelino Vieira and other arrivals Rodrigo Silva and Dan Dougill also in the fold.
Whaley said: “Dean was suspended until the new year, so we’d made plans for the next few games without him.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll assess the squad between now and Christmas, and see how results and performances go before making a decision on any centre back signings.”
Wisbech host Soham Town Rangers in a friendly at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium on Tuesday, December 8 (7.45pm) before returning to league action at Sheffield on Saturday, December 12.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash