Fenmen boss remains patient despite losing key defender in lockdown
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a mixture of emotions for Wisbech Town FC in recent days.
On Friday, November 20, the club announced that defender Dean Grogan has left the club to return to step six side Lakenheath due to what manager Brett Whaley described as “a change in circumstances”.
Grogan was due to serve a three-match ban following a red card in the Northern Premier League South East Division defeat at Loughborough Dynamo before lockdown.
However, Wisbech’s defence will be buoyed by the return of Jack Keeble and signing Kyle Davison-Gordon, with striker Avelino Vieira and other arrivals Rodrigo Silva and Dan Dougill also in the fold.
Whaley said: “Dean was suspended until the new year, so we’d made plans for the next few games without him.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll assess the squad between now and Christmas, and see how results and performances go before making a decision on any centre back signings.”
Wisbech host Soham Town Rangers in a friendly at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium on Tuesday, December 8 (7.45pm) before returning to league action at Sheffield on Saturday, December 12.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager