Fenmen boss remains patient despite losing key defender in lockdown
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a mixture of emotions for Wisbech Town FC in recent days.
On Friday, November 20, the club announced that defender Dean Grogan has left the club to return to step six side Lakenheath due to what manager Brett Whaley described as “a change in circumstances”.
Grogan was due to serve a three-match ban following a red card in the Northern Premier League South East Division defeat at Loughborough Dynamo before lockdown.
However, Wisbech’s defence will be buoyed by the return of Jack Keeble and signing Kyle Davison-Gordon, with striker Avelino Vieira and other arrivals Rodrigo Silva and Dan Dougill also in the fold.
Whaley said: “Dean was suspended until the new year, so we’d made plans for the next few games without him.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll assess the squad between now and Christmas, and see how results and performances go before making a decision on any centre back signings.”
Wisbech host Soham Town Rangers in a friendly at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium on Tuesday, December 8 (7.45pm) before returning to league action at Sheffield on Saturday, December 12.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 8 Man who headbutted and spat at HMRC officers told to expect jail
- 9 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 10 We want to end the season now, states Fenmen chairman