Fenmen boss remains patient despite losing key defender in lockdown
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a mixture of emotions for Wisbech Town FC in recent days.
On Friday, November 20, the club announced that defender Dean Grogan has left the club to return to step six side Lakenheath due to what manager Brett Whaley described as “a change in circumstances”.
Grogan was due to serve a three-match ban following a red card in the Northern Premier League South East Division defeat at Loughborough Dynamo before lockdown.
However, Wisbech’s defence will be buoyed by the return of Jack Keeble and signing Kyle Davison-Gordon, with striker Avelino Vieira and other arrivals Rodrigo Silva and Dan Dougill also in the fold.
Whaley said: “Dean was suspended until the new year, so we’d made plans for the next few games without him.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ll assess the squad between now and Christmas, and see how results and performances go before making a decision on any centre back signings.”
Wisbech host Soham Town Rangers in a friendly at the Elgoods Fenland Stadium on Tuesday, December 8 (7.45pm) before returning to league action at Sheffield on Saturday, December 12.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 10 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs