Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- Credit: Facebook
Friends and family have paid tribute to a 20-year-old “great young lad” who drowned at Bawsey Pits near King’s Lynn yesterday afternoon.
Former Thomas Clarkson Academy and College of West Anglia student Radek Gina was pronounced dead at the scene on Wednesday, June 16.
Emergency services were called to the country park at around 4pm, after reports a man had got into difficulties in the small lake.
Tributes have poured in for the young Fenland man who celebrated his 20th birthday just over two months ago on April 13.
One friend said: “Such a great lad. So young. So heart breaking. I urge everyone, DO NOT swim at Bawsey Pits, it's so dangerous. Rest in peace Radek Gina, you'll be missed."
Another said: “It's a wicked world, what is going on. Another dear young life gone only out enjoying himself cruel old world we live in. I pray to god to give his family strength."
You may also want to watch:
A third added: "Such a cruel world send all my prayers to his family. Today will be a day I will never forget. Rip angel. Hug your friends tighter, you never know what’s coming round the corner."
The former Wisbech St Mary Football Club player is the fourth person to die at Bawsey Country Park in less than a decade.
- 1 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 2 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 3 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 4 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 5 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 6 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 7 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
Norfolk Police said it is investigating the circumstances around the death.