Wisbech Music Society to host an evening of Gilbert and Sullivan
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Music Society will host an evening of Gilbert and Sullivan on February 8.
Tim Hurst-Brown and Peter Hewitt will share a musical history of the Savoy Operas when they perform in the Russell Hall of Wisbech Grammar School.
Since 1945, Wisbech Music Society has organised concerts by small groups of musicians and soloists at various venues around the town.
There is an average of three concerts a season which aim to cater for a reasonably wide range of tastes and to cover a number of musical genres from the medieval to the modern.
The concert starts at 7.30pm and tickets – which cost £10 for adults and £7 for concessions – will be available on the door or in advance from Fraser Dawbarns, 1-3 York Row.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call William Morris on 01945 463230.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache