Enjoy an afternoon of live music in Wisbech park
- Credit: Archant
Rock n roll comes to Wisbech bandstand for the second time this summer with an afternoon of live music in the park.
Krusty Whiskas will be playing crowd pleaser tunes on Sunday September 2 from 2 to 4.30pm.
The restored bandstand provides a perfect venue for live music and will be the stage for the latest show where musicians will be playing classic rock n roll, Beatles tunes and other toe-tapping favourites.
The afternoon is supported by Peterborough Random Radio Show.
Krusty Whiskas comprises of John Barry (guitar and vocals), Lorry Spry (bassist) and Dom Miller (drums).
You may also want to watch:
A band spokesman said: “Our aim is to deliver exciting sets of classic material, from the golden eras of music. Artists we cover include The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Monkees, The Spencer Davis Group, Dave Clark Five and many, many more!”
Around £30,000 was spent on refurbishing the iconic bandstand with the help of the Friends of Wisbech Bandstand, said
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
Tom Read and Reg Mee have helped launch the free music afternoons.