REVIEW: Wisbech Angles Theatre pantomime performance of Cinderella ‘proves that there is so much talent in Fenland’
- Credit: Archant
With Rheannon Hanks taking on the role of Cinderella, Liam Nixon playing Buttons and the ugly Sisters - Rob Williams as Bella needs a Fella and Owen Angier as
Stella Artois Hardup - it was going to be fun from start to finish.
I took my daughter with me for the second year and before we get there she told me that she really hoped that the man who played the lady would be in it like last year.
To her disappointment Kev Shippey has taken up the role of directing the panto.
My first thought is that she was not going to enjoy it as much as last year's, but I should not have worried as Rob and Owen delivered an excellent performance as the Ugly Sisters.
She was hooked from the start especially when Bella needs a Fella chose me!
Rheannon proved that she has the exact right shoe size for this role. Baron Hardup, played by Billy Garner, had us both laughing out loud with his walk and his beard is definitely something to behold.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
The dancers and smaller roles proved that the next generation of principle actors will soon be ready for bigger roles.
The whole performance just goes to prove that there is so much talent in Fenland.