Mepal pub unveils outdoor container bar as team adjust to life post-lockdown
- Credit: Archant
A Mepal pub has unveiled its one-of-a-kind outdoor container bar as the team adjust to the ‘new normal’ post-lockdown.
The Three Pickerels, which reopened on July 4, have launched The Thirsty Fish as a way of serving drinks safely every Saturday and Sunday from 12-6pm.
The team has also been busy throughout lockdown “making lots of new picnic benches so we have enough space for everyone to come enjoy their first pint back down at the riverside”.
While their restaurant is remaining closed, snack options are available from the bar.
MORE: 9 great Ely beer gardens
“We are following all of the new Government guidelines to make sure we can offer a safe environment for all staff and customers.
“So we have your weekend sorted. Make sure you pop down this weekend to check it out, you won’t see many bars like ours.”
You may also want to watch:
The Three Pickerels is located at 19 Bridge Road, CB6 2AR, Ely.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan