The Proclaimers coming to Watford for a concert
- Credit: Supplied by Watford Colosseum
You won’t have to walk 500 miles to see The Proclaimers in concert in Hertfordshire later this year as they are visiting Watford as part of their 2019 Angry Cyclist Tour.
Fans of the Scottish music duo can see brothers Charlie and Craig Reid at Watford Colosseum on Friday, August 9.
The twins are best known for their songs I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles), Letter from America and Sunshine on Leith.
It has been 32 years since Craig and Charlie Reid, aka The Proclaimers, emerged.
Since then, their enduring appeal across generations has carved a niche for themselves where pop, folk, new wave and punk collide.
The emotional honesty, political fire, wit and sing-along raucousness of their songs and their extensive touring has enlightened and entertained fans throughout the world.
As well as scoring a UK number one hit with (I’m Gonna Be) 500 Miles, they have inspired a musical, the play and film Sunshine on Leith.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 6 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 7 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 8 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 9 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
The musical had its fourth UK run from April to June last year, with its biggest production to date by West Yorkshire Playhouse.
Last year also marked the 30th anniversary since the release of the Sunshine On Leith album and August saw The Proclaimers add to their songbook with the release of their 11th studio album, entitled Angry Cyclist.
The Proclaimers are back on the road this year with appearances in Reykjavik and Singapore, before touring New Zealand and Australia, followed by several festivals throughout this summer.
They then hit Watford Colosseum in Rickmansworth Road on Friday, August 9, 2019, at 7.30pm.
Tickets for the gig cost £39.
• Call the ticket office on 01923 571102 (Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm, Saturday 12-4pm) or book online at www.watfordcolosseum.co.uk