The Hateful Eight WILL be screened at The Light Cinema in Cambridge and Wisbech, despite Cineworld boycotting it due to a distribution dispute
- Credit: Archant
Quentin Tarantino fans will be relieved to hear that ‘The Hateful Eight’ will still be screened at The Light cinema in Wisbech, despite a distribution dispute surrounding his new film,
Whilst leading UK cinema chain Cineworld – which owns more than 800 cinemas – has boycotted the director’s eighth film, showings are to go ahead at Cambridge and Wisbech.
A Cineworld statement said: “We can confirm that The Hateful Eight will not be shown at our cinemas.
“Unfortunately we were not able to reach an agreement with the movie’s distributor.”
John Farrugia, senior manager of The Light, however, said: “We did not want to let our customers down, so we will be showing The Hateful Eight in two screens at both sites from Friday.”
You may also want to watch:
The western, starring Kurt Russell, Samuel L Jackson and Jennifer Jason Leigh, has received glowing reviews and is nominated for three Golden Globes.
The Hateful Eight (18) will be screened at the following times from Friday at The Light Cinema, Wisbech:
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia