The Hateful Eight WILL be screened at The Light Cinema in Cambridge and Wisbech, despite Cineworld boycotting it due to a distribution dispute
- Credit: Archant
Quentin Tarantino fans will be relieved to hear that ‘The Hateful Eight’ will still be screened at The Light cinema in Wisbech, despite a distribution dispute surrounding his new film,
Whilst leading UK cinema chain Cineworld – which owns more than 800 cinemas – has boycotted the director’s eighth film, showings are to go ahead at Cambridge and Wisbech.
A Cineworld statement said: “We can confirm that The Hateful Eight will not be shown at our cinemas.
“Unfortunately we were not able to reach an agreement with the movie’s distributor.”
John Farrugia, senior manager of The Light, however, said: “We did not want to let our customers down, so we will be showing The Hateful Eight in two screens at both sites from Friday.”
The western, starring Kurt Russell, Samuel L Jackson and Jennifer Jason Leigh, has received glowing reviews and is nominated for three Golden Globes.
The Hateful Eight (18) will be screened at the following times from Friday at The Light Cinema, Wisbech:
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 8 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on