Sirinu to perform at Octavia Hill to mark a new season for the Wisbech Music Society
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Music Society is to hold its first performance of the season at Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House next week.
The show, titled ‘Handel and the Music of Gin Lane’, will be performed by Sirinu, who present a cross section of early 18th century musical life.
The music will range from street bands of cleavers and hurdy-gurdy, to the Roast Beef Cantana and some of the earliest published children’s songs.
Sirinu consists of Sara Stow (soprano and harpsichord), Matthew Spring (lute and hurdy-gurdy) and Camilla Scarlett (baroque violin).
The group also take inspiration from Handel and William Hogarth.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers say it will offer an “exciting and entertaining programme that will appeal to a wide range of tastes.”
The concert will take place on Friday October 23 from 7.30pm.
- 1 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 2 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 3 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 4 Two-car collision on A47
- 5 Port of Wisbech continues to defy the trend with 'remarkable' turnout
- 6 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs
- 7 Mini digger worth around £14,000 stolen from building site overnight
- 8 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer
- 9 Horror crash all because BMW driver left home with frozen windscreen
- 10 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
For more information, contact Roger Powell on 01945 585073 or visit Sirinu’s website: www.skeetmusic.com