'Joy' at Newmarket Nights return as Sir Tom Jones wows crowd
- Credit: Mark Ellis/ The Jockey Club Live
Sir Tom Jones' barnstorming performance at Newmarket Nights showed what a "joy" it was for gigs at the Suffolk racecourse to return, organisers have said.
Stars Olly Murs, Jess Glynne, Rick Astley and McFly will all take to the stage at Newmarket Racecourse this year after the popular concert series was cancelled in 2020 due to Covid-19.
Newmarket Racecourse general manager Sophie Able said: "The atmosphere was fantastic and Tom Jones put on an incredible show, performing songs from his most recent number one album as well as all the crowd-pleasers.
"We're already looking forward to welcoming Olly Murs on Friday for what is set to be another memorable evening of racing and music."
Tickets are still available for the upcoming 2021 concerts, which also include a night at the races.
You may also want to watch:
Newmarket Nights organisers have already announced The Script and Pete Tong's Ibiza Classics for next summer.
You can find more information at the Newmarket Racecourse website.
- 1 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 2 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 5 ‘Literally brilliant’ says author during school visit
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'