REVIEW: ‘The Accountant’ is a tense, action thriller
- Credit: Archant
The Accountant’ is a tense, action thriller, fusing unsolvable equations with rapidly rising body counts.
Full of intertwining plots and subplots, it combines the stylish, unflinching violence of modern-day Bond movies with the relentless determination of Benedict Cumberbatch in ‘The Imitation Game’ and the psychological intensity of Miles Teller in ‘Whiplash’.
The action centres on protagonist Christian Wolff: an unnerving, stern-faced Ben Affleck, who plays an autistic accountant-cum-hitman with a penchant for vengeful violence and unsolvable mathematic problems.
After some awkward lunch breaks an unlucky in love but well trained in self defence Dana Cummings (Anna Kendrick; ‘Pitch Perfect’) falls head over heels for Wolff and his clever calculations.
But it’s not long until each of Wolff’s affiliates becomes a target and a tool to get his attention; cue stylishly filmed brutal scenes.
You may also want to watch:
It’s unexplained how he learned his sharpshooting skills; though it does allow for some impressive, consistently on-target ‘Call of Duty’-esque scenes...
‘The Accountant’ is showing at The Light Cinema, Wisbech: www.wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation