RATz to perform ‘heart-wrenching love story that goes wrong’ Brief Encounter at Angles Theatre in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech group RATz will bring their production of ‘Brief Encounter’ – described as a love story that goes wrong - to life at the Angles Theatre later this month.
“It is a heart-wrenching, inventive new stage version of the timeless love story,” say the group, adding “it could bring a tear to your eye.”
Laura, a respectable suburban wife, and Alec, the idealistic and married doctor, meet in a train station buffet. They fall passionately in love but are doomed to never find fulfilment.
Laura, played by Annie Larkin, and Alec, by Adam Billett, are supported by a team of six other actors.
Directed by James Wetherill this Noel Coward classic heart-wrenching love story is adapted for the stage by Emma Rice.
The production is based on the play ‘Still Life’ and the screenplay ‘Brief Encounter’, both by Noël Coward.
Brief Encounter is at the Wisbech venue from Thursday 25 to Saturday 27 May for a succession of 7.30pm performances.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 6 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
Advance tickets, which cost £10 each, are available from 01945 474447 or www.anglestheatre.co.uk