Big Weekend at Home 2020 to be broadcast as a virtual festival because of coronavirus restrictions instead of the annual event on Parker’s Piece in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge’s Big Weekend goes live on radio - Friday and Saturday, July 3 and 4
This year’s Big Weekend, an annual festival of live music on Parker’s Piece in Cambridge will be virtual.
The Big Weekend at Home 2020, on Friday. July and Saturday, July 4 will bring together artists and shows from radio stations Star Radio, BBC Cambridgeshire and Cambridge 105 Radio.
A free event, the Big Weekend traditionally includes big-name performers plus local musicians, a French market, games and fireworks with the final day dedicated to a Mela celebrating the city’s Asian community.
This year’s broadcast will feature a livestream of performances by Cambridge artists and community groups.
Longtime media partners Star Radio, BBC Cambridgeshire and Cambridge 105 Radio will put their touch on the weekend’s activities with Big Weekend related shows. Star Radio will be first out of the gate on Friday July 3 as they traditionally host the Main Stage each year.
For updates, see: cambridgelive.org.uk/city-events or follow facebook.com/cambridgeliveevents.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 3 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 8 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police