Charity cabaret show in memory of burlesque performer's friend
- Credit: PHOXY QURVY
A professional burlesque performer is hosting a charity cabaret night in memory of a student's mum who died of a brain tumour.
Phoxy Qurvy, who runs Phoxy Qurvy’s School of Burly in Cambridgeshire, is hosting a show called ‘School’s in for Stunners’ at Doddington Village Hall.
It will be her sixth charity show but her first back since March 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
The show, on Saturday September 11 and in aid of The Brain Tumour Charity, will feature a line-up of award-winning cabaret stars from across the country.
Ellie Von Est, Adora Belle, The Naughty Nannies, Phoenix Belle, Ruby D'Woo, Enigma Variations and Lou Safire will all perform on the night.
She said: "I usually run three events there a year but this is the first back since the restrictions have been eased.
You may also want to watch:
"It would be great to showcase the diversity of entertainment available in Cambridgeshire and reach a broader audience."
Book tickets online.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 7 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 8 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 9 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 10 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders