Free entry to Peckover House in Wisbech for one day only
- Credit: Archant
A nationwide celebration of history and culture will see the National Trust’s Peckover House opening its doors and garden free of charge on Heritage Open Day.
This year there will be a special focus on art, a theme which has run throughout the season and which commemorates seventy years of the house coming to the National Trust.
The free entry is on Saturday September 8.
David Kefford and Sarah Evans of Aid and Abet, the Cambridge artists who have been working with Peckover House this season, will be creating a display in Lord Peckover’s Bedroom.
This will include images from the creative activities they have recently been involved in with local community groups.
“We will also be facilitating a scrapbook workshop inspired by some of the themes in transitions in time, the installation we created this year in the drawing room,” said David.
“We hope that visitors will want to come along and discover more about the ideas behind the art which has become part of Peckover House this season.’
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
Heritage Open Day at Peckover has plenty to offer visitors, both new and familiar, from the inspiring garden with its many hidden corners, to art installations and the serenity of the Georgian townhouse itself.
Entry to Peckover House will be free on Saturday September 8 only, from 11am to 4pm.
• Further information can be found on the website at www.nationaltrust.org.uk/peckover.