Peckover House holds second Art in the Garden event showcasing sculptural pieces by local artists Anne Foxley, Bob Lever and Patricianne Jones
- Credit: Archant
Peckover House is to hold its second Art in the Garden event from July 11 to September 30.
Following the success of last year’s event, local artists, inspired by different aspects of the landscape, will use a variety of materials to create their individual pieces.
Among the artists showcasing their work are: Anne Foxley, who specialises in making large stoneware pots with decoration inspired by the human face, Bob Lever who works with natural materials found in Fenland and Patricianne Jones, who creates bird characters from fabric.
She said: “Each of my pieces are unique in character and take several hours to complete and embellish.
“I hope they make people smile”, she added.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be individual glasswork showcased by Carrie Anne Funnell and Chris White.
The sculptural pieces will be displayed in the National Trust’s Peckover Garden from Saturday, July 11 to Wednesday, September 30 from 11am (last admission 4pm) and are available to purchase.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
For further information please telephone 01945 583463 or visit www.nationaltrust.org.uk/peckover.