Outwell Festival makes its debut this bank holiday weekend
- Credit: Archant
Get ready for one of the biggest weekends in Outwell’s calendar this bank holiday weekend as The Outwell Festival makes its debut.
Formerly known as The Outwell Gala Weekend, expect an array of entertainment on bank holiday May weekend (28 and 29).
On Saturday (28) there will be a raft race and BBQ in The Basin (in association with the Well Creek Trust). The raft race runs from The Crown Lodge Hotel to The Crown Pub and there are two categories that can be entered: adult/14 years plus (in teams of four) and children aged eight to 13 (in teams of six).
The race, which is free to enter and encourages fancy dress, starts at 1pm and there are cash prizes to be won; £30 adults and £20 children.
Then on Saturday evening there will be a family party at Outwell Village Hall from 7pm till late.
Live music will come from New Generation Crash and Burn plus disco support from New Level Entertainment.
Tickets, which include admission to Sunday’s Music Festival, cost £8 (adults), £4 (children aged five to 14) and free for under five-year-olds.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
The fun doesn’t stop just because it’s a Sunday either... On 29 get down to the Music Festival at Outwell Playing Field; gates open at 1pm. There will be live bands, disco support, game stalls, funfair rides, face painting, an all day bar and BBQ.
Admission costs £3 per person or £5 for two people. Entry for under 16’s is free.
Raft race entry forms are available from The Crown Pub, Lisa’s Hairstylists and J R Stott’s or email email@example.com
Tickets for the family party are available from The Crown Pub.
For more information contact Paul on 07977946640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org