Nile Rodgers and Chic to headline Newmarket concert
- Credit: Supplied by Chuff Media - press approved picture
Superstar Nile Rodgers and Chic will headline an outdoor concert at Newmarket Racecourses this summer.
The Jockey Club Live presents the legendary Nile Rodgers at Newmarket Nights on Friday, August 10.
The influential Grammy-winning composer, producer, arranger and Get Lucky guitarist has an extensive catalogue of hits to his name, as anyone who witnessed the BBC’s live New Year’s Eve concert will know.
As the co-founder of Chic, Rodgers generated hits like Le Freak, and sparked the advent of hip-hop with Good Times.
He took on production duties for artists such as David Bowie on his Let’s Dance album, Diana Ross, including singles Upside Down and I’m Coming Out, and Madonna on chart-topping hits Material Girl and Like A Virgin.
You may also want to watch:
His magic touch has helped sell over 300 million albums and 50 million singles worldwide, while his innovative, trendsetting collaborations with Daft Punk (Get Lucky), Avicii, Sigala, Disclosure and Sam Smith reflect the vanguard of contemporary music.
Expect to hear some of the best-known pop anthems from the last four decades at Newmarket when he performs at what will undoubtedly be a memorable gig.
- 1 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 2 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 ‘Literally brilliant’ says author during school visit
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 Body found in Wisbech road
- 8 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 9 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 10 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
Amy Starkey, Regional Director East of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are delighted Nile Rodgers & Chic will be headlining Newmarket Nights on Friday, August 10.
“With such an amazing catalogue of hits, they are the perfect artist to spend a summer evening dancing to.”
Tickets for Nile Rodgers and Chic will go on sale at 8am on Friday, February 9 via thejockeyclublive.co.uk
A presale is available to customers at 8am on Wednesday, February 7.
Tickets are priced from £29. All terms and conditions are available on newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk.
With the line-up for the 2018 Newmarket Nights season almost complete, Nile Rodgers is the penultimate act to be announced for the famous racecourse this summer.
Newmarket Nights this year will also see headline performances from: