Nile Rodgers and Chic to headline Newmarket concert
- Credit: Supplied by Chuff Media - press approved picture
Superstar Nile Rodgers and Chic will headline an outdoor concert at Newmarket Racecourses this summer.
The Jockey Club Live presents the legendary Nile Rodgers at Newmarket Nights on Friday, August 10.
The influential Grammy-winning composer, producer, arranger and Get Lucky guitarist has an extensive catalogue of hits to his name, as anyone who witnessed the BBC’s live New Year’s Eve concert will know.
As the co-founder of Chic, Rodgers generated hits like Le Freak, and sparked the advent of hip-hop with Good Times.
He took on production duties for artists such as David Bowie on his Let’s Dance album, Diana Ross, including singles Upside Down and I’m Coming Out, and Madonna on chart-topping hits Material Girl and Like A Virgin.
His magic touch has helped sell over 300 million albums and 50 million singles worldwide, while his innovative, trendsetting collaborations with Daft Punk (Get Lucky), Avicii, Sigala, Disclosure and Sam Smith reflect the vanguard of contemporary music.
Expect to hear some of the best-known pop anthems from the last four decades at Newmarket when he performs at what will undoubtedly be a memorable gig.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
Amy Starkey, Regional Director East of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are delighted Nile Rodgers & Chic will be headlining Newmarket Nights on Friday, August 10.
“With such an amazing catalogue of hits, they are the perfect artist to spend a summer evening dancing to.”
Tickets for Nile Rodgers and Chic will go on sale at 8am on Friday, February 9 via thejockeyclublive.co.uk
A presale is available to customers at 8am on Wednesday, February 7.
Tickets are priced from £29. All terms and conditions are available on newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk.
With the line-up for the 2018 Newmarket Nights season almost complete, Nile Rodgers is the penultimate act to be announced for the famous racecourse this summer.
Newmarket Nights this year will also see headline performances from: