Musical comedy Dickens Abridged set for Angles Theatre next week
- Credit: Archant
A new fast-paced musical comedy, Dickens Abridged, will be performed at the Angles Theatre next week.
The performance promises to be ‘unlike any Dickens-based show you’ve ever seen before’.
Written by Adam Long, the founding member of The Reduced Shakespeare Company and co-creator of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, the show is part of UK-wide tour.
The performance features just four cast members, but brings to life ‘hundreds of Dickens’ characters in 70-minutes of madcap mayhem’.
The show is said to be ‘a high-speed comic journey through Dickens’ Greatest Hits, including Oliver Twist, Great Expectations (complete with flaming bride), David Copperfield, Bleak House in less than sixty seconds, A Tale of Two Cities featuring a fully functioning guillotine, Nicholas Nickleby, The Old Curiosity Shop, and A Christmas Carol.
You may also want to watch:
‘Dickens Abridged also features the bizarre-but-true story of Charles Dickens’ own life, including his complicated romantic entanglements and his inexplicable enthusiasm for performing the bludgeoning scene from Oliver Twist over and over and over again.’
The show will take place on Friday, October 30.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 9 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
Tickets, which cost £11 for adults and £9 for concessions, are available from 01945 47 44 47 or www.anglestheatre.co.uk.