Musical comedy Dickens Abridged set for Angles Theatre next week
- Credit: Archant
A new fast-paced musical comedy, Dickens Abridged, will be performed at the Angles Theatre next week.
The performance promises to be ‘unlike any Dickens-based show you’ve ever seen before’.
Written by Adam Long, the founding member of The Reduced Shakespeare Company and co-creator of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, the show is part of UK-wide tour.
The performance features just four cast members, but brings to life ‘hundreds of Dickens’ characters in 70-minutes of madcap mayhem’.
The show is said to be ‘a high-speed comic journey through Dickens’ Greatest Hits, including Oliver Twist, Great Expectations (complete with flaming bride), David Copperfield, Bleak House in less than sixty seconds, A Tale of Two Cities featuring a fully functioning guillotine, Nicholas Nickleby, The Old Curiosity Shop, and A Christmas Carol.
‘Dickens Abridged also features the bizarre-but-true story of Charles Dickens’ own life, including his complicated romantic entanglements and his inexplicable enthusiasm for performing the bludgeoning scene from Oliver Twist over and over and over again.’
The show will take place on Friday, October 30.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
Tickets, which cost £11 for adults and £9 for concessions, are available from 01945 47 44 47 or www.anglestheatre.co.uk.