Musical comedy Dickens Abridged set for Angles Theatre next week
- Credit: Archant
A new fast-paced musical comedy, Dickens Abridged, will be performed at the Angles Theatre next week.
The performance promises to be ‘unlike any Dickens-based show you’ve ever seen before’.
Written by Adam Long, the founding member of The Reduced Shakespeare Company and co-creator of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, the show is part of UK-wide tour.
The performance features just four cast members, but brings to life ‘hundreds of Dickens’ characters in 70-minutes of madcap mayhem’.
The show is said to be ‘a high-speed comic journey through Dickens’ Greatest Hits, including Oliver Twist, Great Expectations (complete with flaming bride), David Copperfield, Bleak House in less than sixty seconds, A Tale of Two Cities featuring a fully functioning guillotine, Nicholas Nickleby, The Old Curiosity Shop, and A Christmas Carol.
You may also want to watch:
‘Dickens Abridged also features the bizarre-but-true story of Charles Dickens’ own life, including his complicated romantic entanglements and his inexplicable enthusiasm for performing the bludgeoning scene from Oliver Twist over and over and over again.’
The show will take place on Friday, October 30.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 4 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
Tickets, which cost £11 for adults and £9 for concessions, are available from 01945 47 44 47 or www.anglestheatre.co.uk.