Meditation retreat comes to Wisbech Library
- Credit: Archant
Drolma Buddhist Centre is holding a retreat in Wisbech next weekend.
Resident teacher, Buddhist nun, Gen Nyingpo will lead the event, which is titled ‘Dealing with Stress and Irritation’.
“Nyingpo has taught Buddhism and meditation for over 20 years. She demonstrates the benefits meditation can bring to our busy modern lives,” say organisers.
“There are two one-hour sessions with a coffee break and an opportunity to chat and ask questions.
“No special clothing is required with chairs provided for comfort.
“Everyone is welcome to attend this course and no experience of meditation is needed.”
Taking place on Saturday October 1 from 10.30am to 1pm, it will be held in Wisbech Library, Ely Place, Wisbech.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
Sessions cost £15 per person. For more information, or to book, visit www.meditateinpeterborough.org.uk or call Sue Gunn, education programme coordinator, on 01733 755444.