Wisbech - town alive with the joys and tradition of its annual Rose Fair with spectacular floats to enthral visitors
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds flocked into Wisbech today for the annual Rose Fair parade; the town was buzzing early as local groups put the finishing touches to their floats.
However missing from the parade this year was the Mayor, Councillor Michael Hill, who had a fall earlier in the week and injured himself.
A town council spokesman said: "He was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a broken hip. He remains in hospital for treatment.
"Michael is very sorry that he will not be able to attend Rose Fair as the Mayor. We hope that the good people of Wisbech will join us in wishing him all the best and as quick and full a recovery as is possible."
Deputy mayor Aigars Balsevics was on hand to deputise.
You may also want to watch:
More photos and a fuller report will follow
- 1 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 2 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 3 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 6 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 7 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 10 £2,000 boost gives Saints a solid restart from lockdown