Wisbech - town alive with the joys and tradition of its annual Rose Fair with spectacular floats to enthral visitors
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds flocked into Wisbech today for the annual Rose Fair parade; the town was buzzing early as local groups put the finishing touches to their floats.
However missing from the parade this year was the Mayor, Councillor Michael Hill, who had a fall earlier in the week and injured himself.
A town council spokesman said: "He was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a broken hip. He remains in hospital for treatment.
"Michael is very sorry that he will not be able to attend Rose Fair as the Mayor. We hope that the good people of Wisbech will join us in wishing him all the best and as quick and full a recovery as is possible."
Deputy mayor Aigars Balsevics was on hand to deputise.
More photos and a fuller report will follow
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 6 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 9 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks