Magic, music and more at Arles Festival 2016
- Credit: Archant
The second annual Arles Festival, organised by the Wisbech Arles Twinning Club, will be held next weekend.
The schedule of entertainment includes fun for all the family, taking place in Wisbech Market Place from 10am to 3pm on Sunday 21.
At 10am the festival will open with funky face painting, Wisbech & Arles Exhibition and stalls. Then at 10.20am the Vivien Fire Engine will arrive with mayor Garry Tibbs to officially open the festival. A Punch & Judy show will begin at 11am before 1940’s singer Lula May performs at 11.30am.
Billy Banana will put on a magic show at 12.30pm before squeezebox player Keith Aplin performs at 1pm - tours of the church are also available.
Hip-hop dancers will take to the stage to wow crowds with their moves at 1.30pm, then The Clarkson Singers perform at 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
The festival ends at 3pm.
This year a competition was held amongst local schools to design a poster for the event - the winner was Darcie Norman, aged 10 from Leverington Primary Academy.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation