Face masks, temperature monitoring and protective screens are the new normal as cinemas celebrate successful re-opening weeks
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech’s two cinemas are enjoying a successful first few weeks having re-opened post-lockdown with new Covid-19 safety measures in place.
The Luxe Cinema has implemented temperature monitoring and is asking guests to wear a face covering (unless exempt) and to - where possible - pay only by contactless card payment.
The Light Cinema, meanwhile, is encouraging guests to book online and accepting cashless payments only.
It’s layout has also been amended to ensure space between groups, allowing friends and family to sit together while maintaining a safe distance from others.
Protective screens have also been fitted at till points and guests are asked to wear face coverings or visors where it’s difficult to socially distance.
You may also want to watch:
The Light team has also managed traffic flows to minimise the level of contact and has revised collection points for ordering and is offering food delivery to seats.
The cinema also has clear signage providing guidance to guests, and team members have all completed extra training on the new health and safety measures.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
A spokesman for the Luxe Cinema added: “One of the many measures we are taking to keep you safe, comfortable and confident is temperature monitoring to look for fevers.
“This is a quick and efficient process. Thank you to all who have been so brilliant with the measures thus far, it helps us to help you.
“Remember that we are taking extra steps to give you the confidence to visit, and we ask that you follow our team’s instructions.”
Due to Covid-19 and lockdown, the Luxe team have paused some of their ongoing renovations - but the bar area is back in use and restrooms are all decorated and in full use.
“Once restrictions and guidance allows, we shall recommence them,” they say, adding that “our priority has been for the workers involved and the team”.
Jill Thorpe, who was delighted to get back to the cinema, said: “I felt really safe and was impressed with the way the Luxe have arranged hand washing etc.
“Just nice to be able to go and watch a film. A bit of normality.”