Oklahoma! King’s Lynn Players set to stage show packed with iconic songs and dance numbers
- Credit: Archant
The Kings Lynn Players latest musical production, Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Oklahoma! will be staged from November 14 to 17 at The Guildhall of St George.
The show is packed with iconic songs and show-stopping dance numbers including ‘The Farmer and The Cowman’, ‘Oh What a Beautiful Mornin’, ‘The Surrey with a Fringe on Top’ and ‘It’s A Scandal’.
Set in the Western Indian Territory at the beginning of the twentieth century, it tells the story of the high spirited rivalry between local farmers and cowboys as farm girl Laurey falls for Cowboy Curly.
When their romance is threatened by Aunt Eller’s menacing farmhand, Jud Fry, tension rises.
Comic relief is provided by Ado Annie, Will Parker and Ali Hakim all combining to make a great evenings entertainment for the whole family.
March based actor John West again plays a leading role in the show as Farmer Carnes.
Tickets for the show, priced at £15 each, are on sale now from The Kings Lynn Corn Exchange Box Office on 01553 764864 or online https://www.kingslynncornexchange.co.uk/whats-on/event/oklahoma/#tickets
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim