Head to the Angles Theatre this Christmas for family friendly panto The Snow Queen
- Credit: Archant
RATz, the Angles Theatre’s in-house company is entertaining audiences with their pantomime The Snow Queen – and there are still a number of performances to go!
The pantomime, written by Dave Jeanes, is based on Hans Christian Andersen’s classic children’s story, the one that inspired Disney’s ‘Frozen’.
Granny Featheridge looks after her granddaughter Gerda the principal girl. Kai (principal boy) is Gerda’s best friend, but he is a very inquisitive boy. He looks into Granny’s secret mirror, despite being begged not to by Gerda, and is immediately and magically whisked away by the evil Snow Queen.
A devestated Gerda wants to go and find Kai. She is advised by the kindly and very helpful Snow Elf and protected on her journey by the Silly Billy Jack Frost.
Along with Granny, they meet the Crowman, a riddler, the friendly Troll and the feisty Robber Queen. They also encounter Black Ice, who is the Snow Queen’s nasty henchman and her two idiot guards Hammer and Tongs. The Queen is eventually defeated and they all live happily ever after.
You may also want to watch:
If you are searching for the perfect Christmas treat for all the family, visit www.anglestheatre.co.uk for dates, times and ticket prices.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation