New pub plans to open fish and chip, Chinese and pizza takeaways
- Credit: Bobbie Foreman
A new Cambridgeshire pub has launched with a fish and chip menu - and it has plans for a Chinese takeaway, pizza oven and sports bar underway.
Bobbie Foreman and her family launched Foreman's Pub on Good Friday (April 15).
The bar - just off the A47 at Ring's End, near Guyhirn - will be kitted out with a range of menus, and Bobbie hopes her venue will become a stop-off for locals and tourists over the summer months.
"I was over the moon with the response we had on Good Friday," said Bobbie.
"We are definitely really pleased - we did not expect it. There were queues out the door with plenty of positive reviews for our fish and chips, with locals saying they want to come back."
Bobbie and went into business with her father Bob Foreman, and the family bought the building on March Road (A141) in 2019.
She said: "We had several ideas, but over the pandemic, we hadn't really done anything with it.
"One idea was to knock it down, but we decided to renovate it, which have been doing for a number of years now.
- 1 Tribute to ‘much-loved’ school worker who died suddenly in Wisbech
- 2 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 3 Pictures show major lorry blaze on A16 near Cambridgeshire
- 4 Man arrested after 'game of hide and seek' with police dogs and helicopter
- 5 Councillors reject plan to convert hotel block into housing
- 6 Recap: A47 shut near Wisbech and King's Lynn after evening crash
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 ‘It’s virtually impossible to register with an NHS dentist’ - people struggling to pay for dental care
- 9 E-scooter crackdown sees crimes drop by third across county
- 10 Roads minister and North East Cambs MP open £17m Guyhirn roundabout
"We have up keeping the building and transforming it a really nice place to eat and drink."
Bobbie, who is from Wisbech, has a background in cookery.
She and Danielle - the pizza chef - recently travelled to Florence for two weeks to bring some of the tastes and skills of Italian pizza making back to Cambridgeshire.
"I am overwhelmed with the comments that we have been getting," said Bobbie.
"The staff are incredible and are doing really well.
"It's been an exhausting few weeks, but we're nearly ready for everything to be open and I think it's going to go really well from here."
The Fenland Old Skool Ford car club were allowed a sneak peak at the venue, which Bobbie and her team hailed a "success".
The Chinese takeaway, pizza restaurant and sports bar are set to open up over the next few weekends.
Foreman's Pub is at 6 March Road, PE13 4DB. Details and updates are on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ForemansPubLTD