Festival of Flowers and Music at Upwell Methodist Church next weekend
- Credit: Archant
Upwell Methodist Church is holding a festival of music and flowers this weekend.
“We are hoping that as many people as possible will come along and support our event which is being held to raise money for church funds,” said organiser Jane Hurst.
On Saturday 19 from 10am there will be live music in the church and from 3pm a craft fair in the rear hall with various stalls. Light lunches will be served from 11.30am to 1pm.
Then in the evening, from 7pm, there will be a musical variety show with Sean Moyses (one of Europe’s top banjo players) and support from local group, Saga Louts.
Tickets for this event, which include a buffet supper, are £8 each (or £9 on the door). They are available from Jane Hurst or Mary Williamson by calling 01945 588282.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday 20, community hymn singing will start at 10.15am and a palm Sunday service will be taken by Rev Terry Swinhoe at 10.30am.
In the afternoon, from 2pm until 3pm there will be an informal Songs of Praise and the church and gardens will be open from 2pm to 4pm.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
The church and gardens will be open on both days and the coffee bar serving tea, coffee and cakes. Mugs, quiz sheets (prize £25), DVDs and raffle tickets will also be on sale.