Expect to hear fascinating stories at Fen Speak’s next event at Wisbech and Fenland Museum
- Credit: Archant
Poppy Kleiser, who is part of the Fenland Poet Laureate collective, will lead Fen Speak’s May event in Wisbech.
The group organise monthly open-mic nights – the next of which takes place on Wednesday May 25.
“Anyone is welcome to come along and read, or just sit back and enjoy some of Fenland’s finest poets’ performances,” say organisers.
“For those after an alternative night out, Fen Speak is a brilliant evening filled with fascinating stories and great performances, and a chance to listen in on those local tales you may not have heard before.”
This month’s event takes place at Wisbech and Fenland Museum.
Doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 7.30pm.
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks