REVIEW: Escape Room is an inventive take on technologically advanced horror
- Credit: Archant
A horror thriller fuelled by technological traps which pits six strangers against one another in a survival of the fittest scenario, Escape Room is an
inventive take on a modern phenomenon that’s usually a fun night out for friends and family members.
The premise works at first - bringing a group of people, without any connection, together to try and win $10,000 if they can make it through each of the escape rooms.
The rooms are found to be hi-tech and painstakingly designed (quite literally) and the premise impressively inventive, but the plot - including a twist near the end that borders on the absurd - could have been tightened up a lot more.
The characters are portrayed well, though, and, crucially, each has their own painful back story - suppressing their past demons until they are forced to relive their nightmares.
You may also want to watch:
Fans of Saw and Final Destination will find it a worthy watch, thanks to the innovative kill rooms - but it’s more gory than scary.
Escape Room is now showing at The Light Cinema in Wisbech.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
For screening dates, times and tickets visit www.wisbech.lightcinemas.co.uk/escape-room