Dickens Abridged brings to life hundreds of characters from Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, Bleak House and more - with just four cast members!
- Credit: Archant
Dickens Abridged came to the Angles Theatre on Friday evening for a madcap 90-minute show.
The performance, which promised to be ‘unlike any Dickens-based show you’ve ever seen before’, is written by Adam Long, the founding member of The Reduced Shakespeare Company and co-creator of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare.
Although it featured just four cast members, hundreds of Dickens’ characters from Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, Bleak House, A Christmas Carol and many others, were brought to life through acting, guitar-playing and singing.
Emlyn Moment, from the Angles Theatre, said: “Wisbech is truly honoured to have a professional show of this quality and nationwide popularity visit the Angles Theatre.
“The audience left buzzing with enthusiasm and eagerness to see more”, he added.
You may also want to watch:
One audience member said: “I was gob-smacked to see so many of Dickens’ novels told in such an original and funny way.
Another said: “We are so glad we came to see this.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 7 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
“We debated whether it would be worthwhile or not and we now think we were stupid to have hesitated,” she added.
“That was the best 90 minutes of my life!”