Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- Credit: Nick Larkin
Bus enthusiasts have the chance to enjoy free bus rides on classic and double deckers from the 1950s onwards this weekend.
The 2021 Fenland BusFest takes place this Sunday (July 25) in Whittlesey.
Vehicles both privately owned and from local operators will be taking part, running on a network of routes across North Cambridgeshire.
They are set to include a classic London Transport AEC RT from the 1950s and from Stagecoach East, a 2019 BYD / Alexander Dennis electric double-decker.
Operators supporting the event include Delaine, Dews and WH Fowler.
Nick Larkin, the event's spokesperson, said: “We were so sorry not to be able to run the BusFest last year and so many people got in touch to say how much they had missed the event.
“We are proud to bring BusFest 2021 for the people of Fenland and beyond to enjoy.”
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
The event will take place from 10am-5pm, with services running every 20 minutes to Peterborough bus station and half hourly to Thorney, Turves and Yaxley.