Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- Credit: Nick Larkin
Bus enthusiasts have the chance to enjoy free bus rides on classic and double deckers from the 1950s onwards this weekend.
The 2021 Fenland BusFest takes place this Sunday (July 25) in Whittlesey.
Vehicles both privately owned and from local operators will be taking part, running on a network of routes across North Cambridgeshire.
They are set to include a classic London Transport AEC RT from the 1950s and from Stagecoach East, a 2019 BYD / Alexander Dennis electric double-decker.
Operators supporting the event include Delaine, Dews and WH Fowler.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Larkin, the event's spokesperson, said: “We were so sorry not to be able to run the BusFest last year and so many people got in touch to say how much they had missed the event.
“We are proud to bring BusFest 2021 for the people of Fenland and beyond to enjoy.”
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 4 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible
The event will take place from 10am-5pm, with services running every 20 minutes to Peterborough bus station and half hourly to Thorney, Turves and Yaxley.