Dawn French to bring new 2022 tour to Cambridgeshire
- Credit: PA
Dawn French will tell “buttock-clenching embarrassing stories” when she performs in Cambridge and Peterborough this autumn.
The 64-year-old actress and comedian will tour her new live show, titled Dawn French Is A Huge Tw*t, across the UK from September.
Starting at Peterborough’s New Theatre on September 15, she will then visit 20 regional venues including the Cambridge Corn Exchange on October 1.
French, best known for starring in The Vicar Of Dibley and sketch series French And Saunders, explained the meaning behind the tour’s explicit title.
She said: “This show is so named because, unfortunately, it’s horribly accurate.
“There have been far too many times I have made stupid mistakes or misunderstood something vital or jumped the gun in a spectacular display of twattery.
“I thought I might tell some of these buttock-clenching embarrassing stories to give the audience a peek behind the scenes of my work life."
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
Written by French, the show is directed by Michael Grandage, former artistic director of the Donmar Warehouse in London and Sheffield Theatres.
He previously worked with French on her 2014 show Thirty Million Minutes.
Tickets are available at: www.dawnfrenchontour.com/