Dan Donovan’s Art Station set to bring Wisbech community together
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech artist Dan Donovan is bringing a vibrant community art project to his home town this month.
“The art project is an opportunity for Wisbech residents and visitors to come and express themselves through paint to create a communal work of art,” he said of The Art Station.
“My main vision is to embrace art, bringing all ages, abilities and communities together in an expressive visual piece.
“The concept is to set up a large blank ‘canvas’ in two public spaces and invite members of the public to contribute momentarily to a finished piece of work with paints and large brushes provided.
“The piece will be seen as experimental and abstract but the art created will evolve throughout the session and become something with meaning and be a unique expression of the public involved on the day.
“Come along, participate or just come and view and see how the artwork develops through the day,” he added.
Joining the project alongside Dan will be colourful community artist Hilary Cox and Lesley Mardle.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
The Art Station is open for all ages at Wisbech Market Place from 10am till 3pm on Saturday August 20 and then at Wisbech Tesco Extra on Sunday August 21 from 11am till 3pm.