Dan Donovan’s Art Station set to bring Wisbech community together
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech artist Dan Donovan is bringing a vibrant community art project to his home town this month.
“The art project is an opportunity for Wisbech residents and visitors to come and express themselves through paint to create a communal work of art,” he said of The Art Station.
“My main vision is to embrace art, bringing all ages, abilities and communities together in an expressive visual piece.
“The concept is to set up a large blank ‘canvas’ in two public spaces and invite members of the public to contribute momentarily to a finished piece of work with paints and large brushes provided.
“The piece will be seen as experimental and abstract but the art created will evolve throughout the session and become something with meaning and be a unique expression of the public involved on the day.
You may also want to watch:
“Come along, participate or just come and view and see how the artwork develops through the day,” he added.
Joining the project alongside Dan will be colourful community artist Hilary Cox and Lesley Mardle.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
The Art Station is open for all ages at Wisbech Market Place from 10am till 3pm on Saturday August 20 and then at Wisbech Tesco Extra on Sunday August 21 from 11am till 3pm.