Classic TV comedy ‘Steptoe and Son’ to be brought to life at Angles Theatre stage in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Hambledon Productions will bring classic TV comedy ‘Steptoe and Son’ to life at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech next weekend.
The cast includes John Hewer (Tony Hancock in Hancock’s Half Hour: The Lost Episodes and Tommy Cooper in Just Like That! The Tommy Cooper Show) and Jeremy Smith (alumni from the National Youth Theatre and The Young Vic Company).
Albert and Harold are father and son. One proclaims he’s “a poor old man” while the other protests that actually he’s “a dirty old man!”
In actual fact, both are telling the truth. These two warring rag-and-bone-men, in their Shepherd’s Bush scrapyard home, became household favourites for entire generations throughout the 60s and 70s and they still continue to entertain audiences today.
The show will be performed on Saturday November 11 from 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The show is suitable for those over the age of 14.
Tickets, from £10, are available from www.anglestheatre.co.uk/steptoe-and-son.html or by calling the box office on 01945 47 44 47.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation