Classic opera La Traviata is coming to the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
- Credit: Archant
Ellen Kents’ La Traviata is coming to the King’s Lynn Corn Exchange next month.
Opera & Ballet International present an Ellen Kent production with international soloists, chorus and full orchestra starring the international sopranos Maria Tonina and Alyona Kistenyova in the love story that gripped Paris.
A tragic tale of searing passion and memorable music, La Traviata is Verdi’s outstanding interpretation of one of the most popular love stories of the 19th century, La Dame aux Camelias.
Based on a true story, it tells of the passionate loves and life of the consumptive courtesan, Violetta.
There are many echoes of Verdi’s own life in Traviata and he threw himself into the music. The highlights include the Brindisi, the best known drinking song in opera, the duet Un Di Felice and Violetta’s haunting aria Addio Del Passato.
It is sung in Italian with English surtitles.
The performance takes place on Sunday March 4 at 7.30pm.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
Tickets are available at www.kingslynncornexchange.co.uk