‘Young Aretha Franklin’, Christine Asamoah, set for free Wisbech concert
- Credit: Archant
Christine Asamoah, who has been compared to a young Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston and Beyoncé, is performing at After Hours Live in Wisbech next year.
She has received the RIAA certified gold disc plaque in France and Germany for selling 400,000 singles as the voice of the French animated star ‘Cool – T’ on the number one record ‘The Magic Key’ for French hip-hop group ‘One –T’.
She’s gone on to appear on album covers of other European platinum-selling artists and work with many underground and established UK, European and US acts.
The performance is at Octavia’s Café in Wisbech with hot drinks and cake available. All proceeds from the refreshments go to the homeless charity, The Ferry Project.
The concert takes place on February 2 and entry is free.
Doors open at 7pm and music starts at 7.30pm.
Visit www.afterhourslive.org.uk for more info.
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss