From Gary Barlow to Samuel L. Jackson’s doppelganger: Here’s 6 celebs spotted in Fenland
- Credit: PA Images/Archive/ Rob Laughter/Unsplash
From superstar singers to television favourites, we count down the top six celebrities spotted in and around the Fens over the last few years.
6) Samuel L. Jackson doppelganger
There are still rumours that the real Hollywood star actually stepped foot in the Cock Inn at March in December 2017 – we followed the story and spoke to pub goers at the time who revealed the mysterious look-a-like bought everyone a pint when passing through the Fenland town.
5) Star Boot Sale filming
Although there are five celebrities in this entry, they all deserve a spot together as they filmed a Channel 4 show – Star Boot Sale – at the Huntingdon Race Course in 2018. Joe Pasquale, Sam Thompson, Anthea Turner, Nancy Sorrell and Michelle Heaton were all spotted.
4) Gary Barlow
The Take That singer was on his way to Cheshire in June 2018 for the next show of his tour when he went through Wisbech. Barlow tweeted alongside a photo: “Just passing the birth place of the great @Saxes1 not seen the statue yet #theladsdonewell.”
3) Catherine Russell
The British actress – best known for playing Serena Campbell in Holby City – visited Ely Cathedral this month as part of a UK-wide tour she started in Hertfordshire in a bright blue Volkswagen campervan. She stopped by the cathedral and shared a photo on Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
2) Simon Bird
The Inbetweeners and Friday Night Dinner star was spotted at March Railway Station in September 2019 filming a television advert for Cross Country Trains. The comedian stopped between filming to take selfies with fans waiting at the station filled with the production crew.
1) Pixie Lott
All About Tonight pop sensation Pixie Lott was photographed at Ely Cathedral this month as she made a “surprise visit” to Ely Cathedral – just catching the end performance from the girls’ choir at Evensong. She stayed afterwards to meet the members and posed for photographs.
Have you spotted a celebrity in Cambridgeshire or the Fens? Did you take a photo and do you have a story to tell? We would love to hear from you! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 7 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 8 Shotgun, fake cash and cannabis found at suspected dealer’s home
- 9 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 10 Civic business as usual for under fire Wisbech mayor