British comedy One Man Two Guvnors coming to Wisbech’s Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Enjoy British comedy at its very best when “the funniest show on the planet” One Man Two Guvnors makes its way to the Angles Theatre in Wisbech.
Set during the 1960s in the seaside town of Brighton, the RATz production follows Francis Henshall who has just been fired from his skiffle band.
Despondent, destitute and desperate for fish and chips, he ends up being employed by Roscoe Crabbe, a small-time hood from the East End of London.
In order to keep both his jobs Henshall, who is also working on a romance of his own, must work especially hard to keep his two guvnors from discovering each other.
Having toured the UK several times on Broadway and the West End, more than a million people have seen the play. It comes to the Angles Theatre stage on Thursday 12, Friday 13 and Saturday 14 May for a trio of performances starting at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, £11 (general) and £9 (concessions) can be purchased by calling the box office on 01945 474447 or from www.anglestheatre.co.uk
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 8 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 9 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation