Bananarama announced for Newmarket Nights concert
- Credit: Supplied by Chuff Media.
Pop group Bananarama will play Newmarket Racecourses this summer.
The 1980s stars will play Newmarket Nights on Friday, August 9.
Organisers at The Jockey Club Live and Newmarket Racecourses confirmed the Cruel Summer and Venus band’s 2019 headline performance this morning (Monday, March 4).
For the past three decades, Bananarama’s Sara Dallin and Keren Woodward have been one of pop’s most influential group.
• READ MORE: Madness to play Newmarket Nights concert
They have an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most successful female band worldwide with the most charting singles, multiple sell-out tours and 32 Top 40 UK hits.
You may also want to watch:
Among their many hits are Robert De Niro’s Waiting, I Heard A Rumour, Shy Boy, Love In The First Degree, Nathan Jones and Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.
They have released 10 albums, and sold over 30 million records .
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 3 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 7 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
- 8 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 9 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 10 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
This year will see the band release their 11th studio album, In Stereo, their first studio album in 10 years.
Amy Starkey, Regional Director East of Jockey Club Racecourses, said: “We are very excited to welcome Bananarama to Newmarket Nights for the first time.
“One of the most successful all-female groups of all time and still going strong after almost 40 years, we are sure the group will deliver a performance to remember for their fans this summer.”
• READ MORE: Rudimental announced for Newmarket Nights DJ spot
Newemarket promoters also confirmed today a summer date for Kaiser Chiefs at the racecourse near Cambridge.
Tickets will go on sale at 8am on Wednesday, March 6 via thejockeyclublive.co.uk, with a pre-sale available to customers at 8am tomorrow (Tuesday, March 5).
Tickets are priced starting at £27 for the Bananarama gig.
All T&C’s are available on newmarket.thejockeyclub.co.uk
There are also hospitality packages available to suit all budgets.
With the additions of Kaiser Chiefs and Bananarama, the line-up for Newmarket’s summer season is now almost complete.
NEWMARKET RACECOURSES 2019 CONCERT DATES
8th – Nile Rodgers & CHIC – Summer Saturday Live.
21st – Madness – Newmarket Nights.
28th – Kaiser Chiefs – Newmarket Nights.
19th – Thriller Live – Newmarket Nights.
26th – Rudimental (DJ Set) – Newmarket Nights.
2nd – Pete Tong & The Heritage Orchestra performing Ibiza Classics – Newmarket Nights.
9th – Bananarama – Newmarket Nights .