Alma Trio will bring an evening of fiddle music to Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
The Wisbech Music Society is to host an evening of fiddle music inspired by folk traditions from England, Eastern Europe and across the world.
The Alma Trio perform at the Rosmini Centre, 69a Queens Road, Wisbech, on Wednesday November 29 from 7.30pm.
At the heart of Alma’s music is the joyful sound of fiddles playing in harmony. Alma’s unique approach to each tradition results in beautiful and exciting new arrangements.
Each member of Alma brings their own individual style and influences to the band, which they weave together into a bright and vibrant sound.
This includes John Dipper’s work with Chris Wood in the English Acoustic Collective and ground-breaking string quartet Methera, Emily Askew’s extensive experience in early music, and Adrian Lever’s knowledge of Eastern European music developed through his highly acclaimed work with Arhai and Horses Brawl.
Tickets are available in advance or at the door.
For more info contact society secretary William Morris on 01945 463230.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 6 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 7 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 8 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 9 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire