Actors at Angles go Around the World in a Thousand Years
- Credit: Archant
Ratzcool musical theatre and Wednesday drama students showcased their skills and techniques in mini musical ‘Around the World in a Thousand Years’ on Friday and Saturday.
The mini musical runs through a millennium of historical events in 60 minutes.
It is written by Sara Ridgely and Gavin Mole, a writer and a composer both with a considerable experience in teaching and working with children in theatre.
The Ratzcool students covered stories from the Bayeux Tapestry, the signing of Magna Carta, the horrors of the Black Death, Joan of Arc’s tragic burning, the legend of Robin Hood, the story of Henry VIII and his six wives through to the evacuees from WWII and then a list of inventions through the 20th Century.
There was a lot of different singing styles, dance styles, narration and storytelling for the students to learn and showcase after only eight weeks of lessons.
Emlyn Moment, from the Wisbech Angles Theatre, said: “The children all worked hard and showed off to the best of their abilities.
“Parents were happy that their money was being well spent in sending their children to lessons at Ratzcool.”
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 3 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 4 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 5 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 6 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 7 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 10 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
At the end of the evening four children, to great applause from the sell-out house, were awarded their LAMDA (London Academy for Music and Dramatic Art) certificates for their success at the entry level acting exam.
In the spring, students will be entered for the LAMDA Musical Theatre exam, at different levels, using sections from their showcase of ‘Around the World in a Thousand Years’.