A visit to Peckover House will get you in the mood for Christmas
- Credit: Archant
Christmas at the National Trust’s Peckover House always has a special kind of atmosphere, but this year there will be even more to appeal to the senses.
‘As always, the house will be full of the scents, sounds and sights of a traditional Christmas,’ said house manager Ben Rickett, ‘with music, Christmas trees decorated by local groups, and festive floral arrangements in many of the rooms’.
This year, though, we’ve added a workshop and a children’s trail to our celebrations. The trail will explore Quaker values, reflecting the religious beliefs of the Peckover family.’
With local choirs and musicians providing the music, and mulled wine and homemade mince pies available in the Reed Barn, the six days of Peckover’s Christmas Celebration promise to offer something for everyone.
The house will be open from Saturday 5 to Tuesday 8 December, then again from Saturday 12 to Sunday 13 from 11am to last admission at 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
The wreath making workshop will be held on Tuesday 15 December from 10am to 2pm and tickets, which include light refreshments, are priced at £25.
For further information and to book tickets for the workshop, please phone Peckover House on 01945 583463.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation