8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- Credit: Cambridge Junction
Here’s our pick of the top shows that are coming to Cambridgeshire in November.
1. November 12: Dads Army Special & Guests at The Maltings, Ely
Prepare yourself for an afternoon of pure entertainment at The Maltings as the ultimate wartime variety show celebrates 75 years of victory in Europe.
As soon as you walk into the room, you’ll be transported back into the 1940’s with flags, posters and bunting.
The shows consists of recreations in vision and sound of George Formby, Vera Lynn, The Andrews Sisters, Frank Sinatra and Gracie Fields, as well as many sketches from ‘DADS ARMY’ recreated together with some from the lost episodes.
It will have you on your feet singing along and waving your flags with pride.
Tickets are available for £23.65 online.
2. November 19: Gabrielle at Cambridge Corn Exchange
Having successfully proven herself all over again, Gabrielle is set to mark the 20th anniversary of the smash hit ‘Rise’ album with the confirmation of the ‘Rise Again Tour 2020’.
The tour will see Gabrielle playing songs from the album, along with iconic hits and fan favourites.
3. November 19: The Best in Comedy at The Maltings, Ely
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
- 3 Veteran turns life around thanks to support from forces charity
- 4 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 5 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 6 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
If you’re a lover of comedy, The Anglia Comedy Co presents Matt Richardson, Pierre Novellie, Jarlath Regan & Annie McGrath at The Maltings.
Matt has recently starred on ITV’s Dancing on Ice and is one of the most exciting names on the circuit.
Pierre is one of the best comedians in the United Kingdom.
Jarlath is an all-rounder, but his talent for stand-up was spotted early.
Annie is a comedian renowned for her joke writing skills and deadpan style.
Tickets are available online for £15.
4. November 27: Lost in Music at Cambridge Corn Exchange
Get ready to recreate the Magical 70’s and let the cast take you on a magical journey straight to the heart of Disco!
Relieve some of the greatest songs of all time from artists such as Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, Earth, Wind & Fire, Sister Sledge and Chic.
It’s the feel-good show of the year! Lose yourself with them and leave your troubles at home!
Tickets are available online for £28.
5. November 28 – December 1: Anything Goes – The Musical at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
Filmed live at the Barbican in London, this new 5-star production of the classic musical comedy features an all-star cast.
Broadway royalty Sutton Foster will be playing Reno Sweeney, alongside Robert Lindsay (My Family), Felicity Kendal (The Good Life) and Gary Wilmot (Chicago).
The musical will be shown at the corn exchange’s cinema.
Tickets for the 7:30pm showing are available for £14 online.
6. November 28: NYJO celebrates Amy Winehouse at Cambridge Junction
The National Youth Jazz Orchestra will be celebrating Amy’s enduring legacy, reimagining hits and revisiting early works she sang with the orchestra as a promising 16-year-old singer back in 2000.
With vocalist, Lucy-Anne Daniels, arrangements by Olivia Murphy and the music directed by Winston Rollins, visitors to the junction will not leave disappointed.
The concert will honour Amy’s life and work with a performance that fans of big band jazz, and Amy obsessives will enjoy.
Tickets are available online for £20.
7. November 29: Katherine Jenkins at Cambridge Corn Exchange
The biggest selling classical artist of the century, Katherine Jenkins OBE will return to Cambridge.
As one of the UK’s greatest musical exports, multi-award-winning Katherine has performed all over the world, for the Pope, for Presidents and is a favourite of the Royal Family, having been invited to sing 'God Save The Queen' at Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee.
Tickets are available online.
8. November 26-27: Spontaneous Potter at Cambridge Junction
Grab your wands, don your house robes and get yourselves to the box office!
The smash hit Spontaneous Potter is an entirely improvised Harry Potter comedy play based on an audience suggestion of a fanfiction title.
Hilary ensues as an entirely new Potter adventure is magically improvised on the spot – with live musical accompaniment.
Tickets are available online for £15.50.