Youth cricket round-up: Wisbech Under-13s beaten in cup quarter-final
WISBECH Under-13s crashed out of the MCC Spirit of Cricket Cup quarter-final with a 47-run defeat to Bottisham-Lode Under-13s.
Harrison Smith and Edward Page were the only Wisbech wicket-takers as the home side posted a solid 124 from their 20 overs.
Ollie Short led Wisbech’s reply with an aggressive 30 but when he retired, the innings stuttered. Luke Marney (11) was the only other player to reach double figures as Wisbech closed on 77-9.
Wisbech Under-14s had more success - beating Long Sutton by three wickets in a nervy, low-scoring contest.
Brodie Ellis (2-11), Harry Clarke (2-19) and Pat Reeve (2-6) were the chief destroyers as Wisbech restricted the visitors to 78-8 from their 20 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The Wisbech batsmen found it similarly hard going, but calm knocks from Ellis (13), Josh Warmington (13 not out) and Craig Pack (11 not out) saw them home with ten balls to spare.
- 1 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 2 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 3 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 4 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 5 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 6 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail