Youth cricket round-up: Wisbech Under-13s beaten in cup quarter-final
WISBECH Under-13s crashed out of the MCC Spirit of Cricket Cup quarter-final with a 47-run defeat to Bottisham-Lode Under-13s.
Harrison Smith and Edward Page were the only Wisbech wicket-takers as the home side posted a solid 124 from their 20 overs.
Ollie Short led Wisbech’s reply with an aggressive 30 but when he retired, the innings stuttered. Luke Marney (11) was the only other player to reach double figures as Wisbech closed on 77-9.
Wisbech Under-14s had more success - beating Long Sutton by three wickets in a nervy, low-scoring contest.
Brodie Ellis (2-11), Harry Clarke (2-19) and Pat Reeve (2-6) were the chief destroyers as Wisbech restricted the visitors to 78-8 from their 20 overs.
You may also want to watch:
The Wisbech batsmen found it similarly hard going, but calm knocks from Ellis (13), Josh Warmington (13 not out) and Craig Pack (11 not out) saw them home with ten balls to spare.
- 1 Body found in Wisbech road
- 2 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 3 Mayor opens Wisbech community hub
- 4 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 5 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 6 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit