Youth cricket round-up: Reeve hits unbeaten half century as Wisbech draw epic clash
TALENTED youngster Pat Reeve hit an unbeaten half century as Wisbech Town’s Under-14s tied a thrilling clash with Dersingham.
Reeve had excelled with the ball as he claimed figures of 2-7 to help restrict Dersingham to 121-5 in the epic 20-over West Norfolk Don Rowell Under-14 Youth Cricket League encounter. Oli Williams and Charlie Golding claimed Wisbech’s other wickets.
Reeve, supported by wicketkeeper Willis Bennett (17), hit 54 not out to post 121-9 as Wisbech hung on to tie the game.
• WISBECH were knocked out of the Cambs Under-11 Cup at the quarter-final stage after a 28-run defeat by Cambourne.
Harry Sidgewick (2-12) kept Cambourne down to 106-4 but Wisbech could only post 78 all out in reply. Aaron Shippley top-scored with 14. The side did however beat rivals March by 37 runs in a Cambs league clash.
You may also want to watch:
• THE club’s under-13s beat Littleport by 8 runs.
- 1 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 2 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 3 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 4 Port of Wisbech continues to defy the trend with 'remarkable' turnout
- 5 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 6 Mini digger worth around £14,000 stolen from building site overnight
- 7 Two-car collision on A47
- 8 'He absolutely pummeled me' - Man, 70, describes vicious attack
- 9 Horror crash all because BMW driver left home with frozen windscreen
- 10 Rail travel in the Fens is going to be much nicer