Youth cricket round-up: Reeve hits unbeaten half century as Wisbech draw epic clash
TALENTED youngster Pat Reeve hit an unbeaten half century as Wisbech Town’s Under-14s tied a thrilling clash with Dersingham.
Reeve had excelled with the ball as he claimed figures of 2-7 to help restrict Dersingham to 121-5 in the epic 20-over West Norfolk Don Rowell Under-14 Youth Cricket League encounter. Oli Williams and Charlie Golding claimed Wisbech’s other wickets.
Reeve, supported by wicketkeeper Willis Bennett (17), hit 54 not out to post 121-9 as Wisbech hung on to tie the game.
• WISBECH were knocked out of the Cambs Under-11 Cup at the quarter-final stage after a 28-run defeat by Cambourne.
Harry Sidgewick (2-12) kept Cambourne down to 106-4 but Wisbech could only post 78 all out in reply. Aaron Shippley top-scored with 14. The side did however beat rivals March by 37 runs in a Cambs league clash.
You may also want to watch:
• THE club’s under-13s beat Littleport by 8 runs.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47