Youth cricket round-up: Reeve hits unbeaten half century as Wisbech draw epic clash
TALENTED youngster Pat Reeve hit an unbeaten half century as Wisbech Town’s Under-14s tied a thrilling clash with Dersingham.
Reeve had excelled with the ball as he claimed figures of 2-7 to help restrict Dersingham to 121-5 in the epic 20-over West Norfolk Don Rowell Under-14 Youth Cricket League encounter. Oli Williams and Charlie Golding claimed Wisbech’s other wickets.
Reeve, supported by wicketkeeper Willis Bennett (17), hit 54 not out to post 121-9 as Wisbech hung on to tie the game.
• WISBECH were knocked out of the Cambs Under-11 Cup at the quarter-final stage after a 28-run defeat by Cambourne.
Harry Sidgewick (2-12) kept Cambourne down to 106-4 but Wisbech could only post 78 all out in reply. Aaron Shippley top-scored with 14. The side did however beat rivals March by 37 runs in a Cambs league clash.
• THE club’s under-13s beat Littleport by 8 runs.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 7 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 8 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces