Youngster closes in on karting title following double success in Belgium
KARTING youngster George Russell continued his charge to the Formula Kart Stars title by winning the double-header at Genk in Belgium.
The 12-year-old from Tydd St Giles now leads the championship by 57 points with only four rounds remaining.
Russell qualified sixth on Saturday August 14 but won both heats that day to put him on pole position for the final, which he duly won.
Weather conditions deteriorated on Sunday but this failed to prevent the youngster from winning both heats again, the latter by over eight seconds.
Heavy rain failed to slow the Strawberry Racing Team star down in Sunday’s final as he triumphed again to take home maximum points from the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Russell’s next outing is in the MSA British Championship, which he also leads, at Shenington, Oxfordshire in two weeks time.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 3 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 4 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000