Youngster closes in on karting title following double success in Belgium
KARTING youngster George Russell continued his charge to the Formula Kart Stars title by winning the double-header at Genk in Belgium.
The 12-year-old from Tydd St Giles now leads the championship by 57 points with only four rounds remaining.
Russell qualified sixth on Saturday August 14 but won both heats that day to put him on pole position for the final, which he duly won.
Weather conditions deteriorated on Sunday but this failed to prevent the youngster from winning both heats again, the latter by over eight seconds.
Heavy rain failed to slow the Strawberry Racing Team star down in Sunday’s final as he triumphed again to take home maximum points from the weekend.
You may also want to watch:
Russell’s next outing is in the MSA British Championship, which he also leads, at Shenington, Oxfordshire in two weeks time.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident