Young Wisbech swimmers amongst the medals in hotly contested tournaments
TALENTED young swimmers from Wisbech have won a host of medals at two local tournaments.
Tom Kelly, 14, was in fantastic form at the Twentieth Iceni Open Meet held at Dereham pool, winning three races, and finishing second and third in two others.
Ten year-old Phoebe Gallagher was also triumphant, netting two first places, one second and two thirds in her races.
The medals capped off a superb meet for Wisbech, with nine swimmers recording personal best times.
There was also some success for Wisbech at the Senior Fenland League A Final, hosted by Saxons at Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Standout performer was Grace Cherry, who powered to victory in the 50m Breaststroke and 50m Freestyle races, gaining two personal bests in the process.
- 1 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 2 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 3 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 4 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 5 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Burnouts, revving engines and upset shoppers lead to dispersal order
- 9 Mayor to walk in high heels at sponsored walk
- 10 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time