Young Wisbech swimmers amongst the medals in hotly contested tournaments
TALENTED young swimmers from Wisbech have won a host of medals at two local tournaments.
Tom Kelly, 14, was in fantastic form at the Twentieth Iceni Open Meet held at Dereham pool, winning three races, and finishing second and third in two others.
Ten year-old Phoebe Gallagher was also triumphant, netting two first places, one second and two thirds in her races.
The medals capped off a superb meet for Wisbech, with nine swimmers recording personal best times.
There was also some success for Wisbech at the Senior Fenland League A Final, hosted by Saxons at Newmarket.
You may also want to watch:
Standout performer was Grace Cherry, who powered to victory in the 50m Breaststroke and 50m Freestyle races, gaining two personal bests in the process.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March