World Championship quarter-final place for arrows ace Dennis Harbour
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech darts whizz Dennis Harbour is to take to the oche for the biggest match of his darts career this evening when he takes on Jeff Smith in the quarter-finals of the BDO World Darts Championships.
The veteran, who has worked and lived in Wisbech but now lives in Dogsthorpe, meets Canadian Smith for a place in the prestigious tournament’s semi-finals.
The 54-year-old, who qualified for the world tournament for the first time since 2006 has shocked the darts world by storming through to the quarter-finals.
Harbour upset the odds by beating seventh seed Daryll Fitton 3-2 in the first round, before conquering tenth seed Martin Phillips with a rousing 4-1 victory in the following round.
Harbour will have his work cut out in this evening’s clash, however, as his Canadian opponent reached the competition’s semi-finals in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Coverage of the quarter-final, which begins at 5.30pm, is on BBC Two and online.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 3 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal