World Championship quarter-final place for arrows ace Dennis Harbour
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech darts whizz Dennis Harbour is to take to the oche for the biggest match of his darts career this evening when he takes on Jeff Smith in the quarter-finals of the BDO World Darts Championships.
The veteran, who has worked and lived in Wisbech but now lives in Dogsthorpe, meets Canadian Smith for a place in the prestigious tournament’s semi-finals.
The 54-year-old, who qualified for the world tournament for the first time since 2006 has shocked the darts world by storming through to the quarter-finals.
Harbour upset the odds by beating seventh seed Daryll Fitton 3-2 in the first round, before conquering tenth seed Martin Phillips with a rousing 4-1 victory in the following round.
Harbour will have his work cut out in this evening’s clash, however, as his Canadian opponent reached the competition’s semi-finals in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Coverage of the quarter-final, which begins at 5.30pm, is on BBC Two and online.
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election