World Championship quarter-final place for arrows ace Dennis Harbour
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech darts whizz Dennis Harbour is to take to the oche for the biggest match of his darts career this evening when he takes on Jeff Smith in the quarter-finals of the BDO World Darts Championships.
The veteran, who has worked and lived in Wisbech but now lives in Dogsthorpe, meets Canadian Smith for a place in the prestigious tournament’s semi-finals.
The 54-year-old, who qualified for the world tournament for the first time since 2006 has shocked the darts world by storming through to the quarter-finals.
Harbour upset the odds by beating seventh seed Daryll Fitton 3-2 in the first round, before conquering tenth seed Martin Phillips with a rousing 4-1 victory in the following round.
Harbour will have his work cut out in this evening’s clash, however, as his Canadian opponent reached the competition’s semi-finals in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
Coverage of the quarter-final, which begins at 5.30pm, is on BBC Two and online.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter